Frequently asked questions
1. Do you need to be Montessori-trained to follow this course?
No. You don't need to be Montessori-trained to follow this course. I do believe that in order to run a high-quality Montessori playgroup, it is best led by a Montessori-trained teacher. So I would highly recommend following a Montessori training as well. This is not a replacement for a Montessori training.
2. I'm not available for the full two weeks. Can I still join?
Yes, this is a self-study course and you'll have lifetime access to all the lessons and bonuses. Work through the lessons at your own pace and come back to review the materials any time in the future as your playgroup grows.
3. Would this be suitable for a home-based program? Or for a playgroup for 3-6 year olds?
Yes, most of the same principles would apply for setting up a playgroup in your home, using homes from a group of parents, or for programs where you use a temporary location or for a different age group.
4. Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Yes, you can request a PDF certificate of completion that you have followed this online training.
5. How much time will I need to complete the course?
You will receive a lesson (like a long blog post) every day. There are two recorded Q&A calls from past participants (around 2 hours each). And there will be interviews sent during the course (about 20 minutes each). By the time we complete the course, you will have a full kit of information for creating your own Montessori playgroup.
6. Can I pay in instalments?
Yes, you can pay now in full for US$349 or in 2 instalments of US$199,50 (total cost US$399).
7. What is a Montessori playgroup? What ages is it for?
A Montessori playgroup is a class for parents to attend with their child in a Montessori classroom, usually once a week for 2 hours. I run classes for babies, toddlers and preschoolers (up to 4 years old) and the ideas could be adapted to any age group, including pre-natal classes.
8. Is this course suitable for anywhere in the world?
Yes, the information can be applied to setting up a Montessori playgroup anywhere in the world. Although I don't know local regulations around the world which you'll need to check.