Frequently asked questions
1. Do you need to be Montessori-trained to follow this course?
No. You don't need to be Montessori-trained to follow this course. I do believe that in order to run a high-quality Montessori playgroup, it is best led by a Montessori-trained teacher. So I would highly recommend following a Montessori training as well. This is not a replacement for a Montessori training.
However, if you are a parent wanting to run a parent-run group, this is the perfect place to start. I'll warn you, you'll likely be inspired to follow a Montessori training as well.
2. I'm not available for the full two weeks. Can I still join?
Yes, you will have lifetime access to all the lessons, bonuses and live call recordings. So if you miss any, you can work through the lessons at your own pace and come back to review the materials any time in the future as your playgroup grows.
3. Would this be suitable for a home-based program? Or for a playgroup for 3-6 year olds?
Yes, most of the same principles would apply for setting up a playgroup in your home, using homes from a group of parents, or for programs where you use a temporary location or for a different age group.
4. Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Yes, you will receive a PDF certificate of completion that you have followed this online training and a badge that you can include on your website.
5. How much time will I need to complete the course?
You will receive a lesson with a short video every day. There are four live Q&A calls (around 1 hour each). And there will be interviews sent during the course (about 20 minutes each). By the time we complete the course, you will have a full kit of information for creating your own Montessori playgroup.
6. Can I pay in instalments?
Yes, there is an option to pay in 2 instalments. The instalment option is more expensive, however, there is an early bird rate as follows:
Up to 26 September 2 x $199,50 = $399 (plus taxes)
From 27 September 2 x $225 = $450 (plus taxes)
7. What is a Montessori playgroup? What ages is it for?
A Montessori playgroup is a class for parents to attend with their child in a Montessori classroom, usually once a week for 2 hours. I run classes for babies, toddlers and preschoolers (up to 4 years old) and the ideas could be adapted to any age group, including pre-natal classes.
8. Is this course suitable for anywhere in the world?
Yes, the information can be applied to setting up a Montessori playgroup anywhere in the world. Although I don't know local regulations around the world which you'll need to check.
9. Will you be running the course again?
I don't have plans to run the course live again for now. A self-study version with recordings from this session will be made available. But I recommend signing up now if you'd like to take part as you'll have lifetime access and can come back to review the materials when you are ready to get started with your own group.
10. What is the timing of the course?
You will receive a lesson a day for the 2 weeks which you can watch/read at your own pace.
The live calls are at different times to allow people in different time zones to attend at least one live. The live calls will be recorded and there is an opportunity to submit your questions ahead of time if you can’t attend live. The live call times are:
* Wednesday 29 September, 2pm ET/8pm Amsterdam
* Saturday 2 October, 6am ET/12 noon Amsterdam time/8pm AEST
* Wednesday 6 October, 2pm ET/8pm Amsterdam
* Sunday 10 October, 9am ET/3pm Amsterdam/11pm AEST